What lens is good for reading glasses?
1. Under normal circumstances, the material of reading glasses should be made of metal, because only spectacle frames of this material will be better than those of ordinary materials, with strong corrosion resistance and strong impact resistance Generally speaking, the frame materials used cannot be selected from substances that are allergic to the skin, otherwise you will feel very uncomfortable when wearing them, especially the reading glasses are designed for the elderly, and the bodies of the elderly are relatively young. Humans are more fragile, so when choosing materials, you should choose materials that are not allergic to the skin, otherwise the consequences will be disastrous.
2. In addition, the lens of reading glasses is preferably made of resin. This material can effectively resist ultraviolet, infrared, and other things. When worn, it will also have a certain degree of fatigue resistance to your eyes, otherwise it will After using it for a while, it will produce a certain sense of fatigue, and even if the quality is not good, other diseases may occur. After that, there is no way to treat it. Therefore, the resin lens is much better than the ordinary lens. The refractive index is also quite high.
3. When choosing a lens, you should add a film to the lens, or use aspherical lens. This choice is quite good, relatively better than ordinary lenses. In addition, it can make your field of vision clearer. , There will be no obstacles when reading or other activities. There will be no mental dizziness.
How to match reading glasses
1. Some old people want to save trouble and buy a pair of reading glasses at the optical shop or the street. This is wrong. Because the reading glasses bought directly often have the same degree of eyesight, but everyone’s eyes have different conditions such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and the degree of presbyopia of people’s eyes is definitely different, and the interpupillary distance is also different. If you wear it casually It can cause huge damage to the eyes, and it is easy to increase the stress, fatigue, blurred vision and other symptoms. You should first go to the ophthalmology hospital for a comprehensive eye examination to rule out cataracts, glaucoma, and fundus diseases and other fundus diseases, and then ask the doctor to get a refraction and determine the interpupillary distance; make the presbyopia lens and the near vision correction degree consistent.
2. The elderly should try on the glasses for a while after they are fitted. It is also worth noting that the audition time is a bit longer. After wearing reading glasses for a period of time, if you feel that the glasses are not suitable, you can refraction to observe the changes in near vision and re-select glasses. Pay attention to eye balance, otherwise it will aggravate eye strain and speed up presbyopia.
3. The degree of presbyopia in the eyes of the elderly is not static. After the glasses are fitted, their vision should be checked regularly every 2 to 3 years; the degree of the lenses should be adjusted in time according to the changes in vision. If there are no symptoms such as font distortion, dizziness and vomiting, it means that the reading glasses are suitable; if the eyes are tired after reading for a long time, it means that the power must be adjusted.
4. When choosing a spectacle frame, you should pay attention to the color you like. It can show the seriousness and dignity of the elderly as well as the demeanor of the elderly. There are many colors of the frame, such as: rainbow color; coffee color; pearly white and white. The frame should be selected with good toughness; it has the strength to resist bending. The light weight style can be considered by the elderly according to their own hobbies.
Misunderstandings with reading glasses
1. It’s not right to have a cheap and clear picture. Reading glasses on the street often have the same degree of eyes and a fixed interpupillary distance. However, most elderly people have refractive errors such as myopia, hyperopia or astigmatism. Moreover, the degree of aging of the eyes is different, and the interpupillary distance is also different. If you casually wear a pair of glasses, not only will it not be able to achieve the best visual effect for the elderly, but it will cause visual disturbance and eye fatigue.
2. Fit glasses without optometry or inspection. Before wearing reading glasses, go to the hospital for a comprehensive eye examination, including distance vision, near vision, intraocular pressure and fundus examination. Cataracts, glaucoma, and some fundus diseases must be ruled out before optometry can determine the degree.
3. Once the reading glasses are worn to the end, the degree of presbyopia will increase with the increase of age. Once the reading glasses are not suitable, they must be replaced in time, otherwise it will bring a lot of inconvenience to the life of the elderly, and will accelerate the degree of presbyopia. At the same time, presbyopic lenses have a limited lifespan. If they are used for a long time, the lenses will suffer from scratches and aging, which will reduce the amount of light passing and affect the imaging quality of the lenses.
4. Magnifying glass replaces presbyopia. Old people often use magnifying glasses instead of reading glasses. The magnifying glass folded into reading glasses is equivalent to 1000-2000 degrees. For a long time to “indulge” the eyes, it will be difficult to find the right degree when the reading glasses are matched. Wearing reading glasses can only be used to look at close objects. Walking with reading glasses or looking into the distance will definitely make the vision blurry and dizzy. Wearing reading glasses must go through a strict visual inspection, because buying a pair of reading glasses may cause uncomfortable wearing and worsening of presbyopia due to incorrect parameters.
Post time: Dec-06-2021